Tommen Gram is a leading Norwegian packaging supplier with a wide assortment of products for food packaging fish, meat, bakery and dairies. Tommen Gram is also a supplier of polyethylene film, bags, shrink film and stretch film for construction/lumber, industry, agriculture/wood, tissue and mailing. The company, established in 1919, has more than 90 years of experience offering solutions for various industries. Tommen combines packaging competence, material knowledge and modern technology with industrial competence to develop innovative packaging solutions that are profitable for their customers. The company’s head office is located in Trondheim with production facilities in Levanger and sales offices and sales representatives in Tromsø, Askim and Bergen in Norway, Murmansk in Russia and Sweden. Tommen Gram established its own production of polyethylene in 1997 and developed GramFlex flexible film in 2003.
In addition to the groups own knowledge, Tommen has a comprehensive professional cooperation with R&D Institutions, suppliers of raw materials and customers. Based on this collaboration Tommen has developed entirely new and efficient packaging materials and solutions for theri customers. The group’s main markets are food industry (fish, meat and dairy), agriculture, construction and other industries in Norway. The company exports packaging to several European countries.
Role in NanoPack:
- Carrying out one of the four pilots: production of food packaging for use in packaging a variety of food products employing blown film production and development lines for manufacturing.
- Development of the packaging material and production process; adapting processes as required to ‘down size’ compared with larger industrial partner facilities
- Investigation of the food packagers’ needs
- Participating in another pilot where food packaging in pilot tested at food packing companies in the areas of meat, dairy and bakery goods.
- Contributing to business planning and innovation activities.