The European Federation of Food Science and Technology (EFFoST) is a non-profit association, with 130 societies, institutes and universities in most European countries affiliated to it. EFFoST has become a focus for European cooperation among food scientist, engineers, technologists and business in food and food-related areas. EFFoST is the European group of the International Union of Food Science & Technology (IUFoST), which in turn is a full member of the International Council for Science (ICSU), the scientific organization of the United Nations (UN). EFFoST aims to:
- Develop closer contact between food producers and distributors, universities and research institute;
- Enhance rapid technology transfer from ideas/research into industrial applications to improve European competitiveness;
- Promote continuing professional development and educational excellence within food science and technology;
- Harmonize food legislation and enforcement programs throughout Europe;
- Maintain a collaborative network of (research) organizations within the European food industry aimed at cooperation and ‘knowledge sharing’;
- To promote food science and technology among the general population in Europe.
Role in NanoPack:
- Leader of the exploitation and business planning work package (WP 8)
- Participating in communication and dissemination activities (WP 9)
- Contributing to management of the Stakeholder Forum (WP 10) and chairing the Scientific Advisory Board.